Diettians can provide you the most up-to-date and credible source of nutrition, and the only nutrition professionals recognised by the Australian Government and Medicare.
Dietitians assess nutritional needs and use ‘Medical Nutrition Therapy’ to help people manage their health through food choices. We help treat a wide range of medical conditions including diabetes, heart disease, cancers, gastrointestinal diseases, food allergies, food intolerances, disordered eating, and overweight and obesity.
Dietitians have the skills to:
- Assess individual nutritional needs
- Develop personalised eating plans
- Deliver group nutrition education sessions
- Sort out nutrition fact from fiction
- Undertake nutrition and food research
- Develop nutrition communications, programs and policies
- provide diet advise for wound healing
- provide suggestions on using nutrition supplement
We all want to make better food choices and take care of our health, but knowing how to do this can be a challenge. A dietitian can help you overcome this challenge by assessing your health and nutrition status and translating scientific information about nutrition into practical advice, so that you can make positive change to your eating habits.
A Dietitian can help you to:
- Control your diabetes or choose low GI food
- Lose or gain weight
- Manage your food allergy or intolerance
- Optimise sports performance
- Lower your blood pressure or cholesterol
- Implement a therapeutic diet following surgery or hospital admission
- Ensure your child or teenager is meeting their nutritional requirements
- Plan a balanced diet if you need to have texture- modified food
- Ensure you’re meeting your nutrition targets for vitamins, minerals and other key nutrients
- Learn how to read food labels when shopping and choose the best options when eating out.
Most private health funds provide rebates for people who visit a dietitian as a private patient. A referral is not necessary to see a dietitian as a private patient, but referral is required to see a dietitian under Medicare and Department of Veterans Affairs. Medicare provides rebates for dietitian visits to treat chronic health conditions such as diabetes, obesity and heart disease.
In our centre, we bulk bill (no need to pay) for patients with chronic conditions if you have a proper referral and plan set up by doctor.
Please book online or contact our clinic to book appointment with our dietitian.